Tuesday, March 8, 2011

rooms full of sabres

Over the past year and 1/2 a friend of mine and I have been trying to work together using my mad design skills and his wicked programing skills.  One of the big projects we've been working on for what seems like forever is a new website for the fabulous Sabre Room. The place it's self is an icon all on it's own.  After many tries and tribulations (and waaaaaaayyyy too much photoshopping) we have FINALLY come up with something we think might be in the right direction. 

After creating two completely different pages, neither of us were completely satisfied.  But while sitting in a coffee shop in UK village and nearly crying over an annoying man trying to make music 15 feet from us, my caught this image. I've never actually been to the Sabre Room, but whenever I mention the Sabre Room everyone mentions the sign.  I knew that we had to use this image some how. 
After hours and hours of photoshopping the sign evolved into this. After warping, twisting, layering, color adjusting , filtering and creating things out of thin air.......I realized, I photoshoped a little too much and the original image just wasn't good to work from.  SO...instead of just getting a new original image to create....what do we do......START COMPLETELY OVER

ugh.

So, this is where we are at now.  This actually is a early stage image of what we did.  But it's a first attempt.  I still do love the old idea of the sign and we are going to still use the sign as part of the page in some way.  It's a work in progress but it's been fun. 

 Even if we aren't getting paid

No comments:

Post a Comment